· Are you a scientist from ASEAN who wants a breakthrough in your career?
· Are you interested in driving policy debates and data-based decision making to address pressing regional and national level challenges?
· Would you like to expand your professional network within ASEAN and to learn first-hand how ASEAN works on issues related to science and technology?
If your answer is YES, the 2019/20 ASEAN Science and Technology (S&T) Fellowship fits perfectly for you!
Implemented by the ASEAN Foundation with support of ASEAN and the U.S. Government through the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the ASEAN S&T Fellowship enables early and mid-career scientists who are citizens and residents of 10 ASEAN Member States (AMS) to contribute their knowledge and analytical skills to empower their national governments. Selected scientists, or fellows, will be embedded in national-level ministries in respective country to encourage policy makers to use more science-based approaches in their policy- and decision-making.
For the 2019/20 ASEAN S&T Fellowship, up to 16 fellows will be chosen from ASEAN region to take part in the programme by focusing on these three priority areas:
1. Digital Economy
2. Innovative Startups
3. Science, Technology and Innovation for UN SDGs
The criteria for eligible applicant are as following:
· Minimum master’s degree related to Science and Technology or one of the priority areas listed above
· Citizen of an ASEAN Member State
· Professional-level fluency in English
· Maximum 45 years of age
Selected fellow will receive a variety of privileges such as monthly stipend (USD 1,200), mentorship from the government, professional development opportunity in a form of leadership and communication training, support to attend conferences and access to a growing network of opportunity to view regional policy processes and a chance to network and consult with ASEAN Senior Officials from AMS.
If you’re interested, please visit this link to find out more about the application details and to register yourself.
Applications are due by 24 February 2019 at 11:59 pm (Jakarta time). Selected fellows are required to commit to a 12-month fellowship, which will begin in July 2019.
For further information, please send inquiries to
Find more information about Q&A of the fellowship .
In addition, check out this video to know more about previous fellows’ experiences: