Applications are open for the Shelter Tech Nairobi Innovation Week Startup Competition 2019. Shelter Tech Kenya, a first of its kind in Africa, is a six-month milestone-based accelerator program supporting early stage businesses and scale-ups in the affordable housing sector covering: renewable energy, waste management, housing & construction technologies and products and water & sanitation.
The program, which is supported by Habitat for Humanity International’s Terwilliger Centre for Innovation in Shelter and implemented by BDO EA and Pangea Accelerator is organizing a startup competition in partnership with iBiz Africa which aims to support disruptive innovation and provide a platform for growth in the urban tech space as part of the Nairobi Innovation Week.
- There is six (6) Grand Prize Winner consisting of all paid opportunity to travel and pitch at Oslo Innovation Week
- Open to Startups focusing on renewable energy, waste management, housing, construction technologies & products, water & sanitation, mobility and other sectors relevant for urban living.
All Competition applicants must fill out the online form describing their startup along with a (2) two-minute video. Entry must adhere to the entry requirements as defined below. Participation is free of charge. Video submissions should cover the following points:
- Your startup’s value proposition
- What problem your product/service is solving
- Why your startup is a good fit for an opportunity to pitch at the Oslo Innovation Week
Participant must solve an issue focusing on renewable energy, waste management, housing, construction technologies & products, water & sanitation, mobility and other sectors relevant for urban living. Video must not exceed two (2) minutes in length.
Click here to apply
For more information, visit Shelter Tech Nairobi Innovation Week Startup Competition.