Applications are open for the Leibniz Institute of European History (IEG) Fellowships 2020. The Leibniz Institute of European History (IEG) awards research fellowships to young academics (doctoral and postdoctoral researchers) from Germany and abroad.
Funding is provided for doctoral research dealing with the religious, political, social and cultural history of Europe from the early modern period to 1989/90. Comparative, transnational and transfer-historical research projects are particularly welcome, as are projects which deal with topics of intellectual, church or theological history.
The fellowships are exclusively for the purpose of conducting the research project described in the application at the IEG. Thus, no other form of employment or funding can be pursued or availed of during the duration of the fellowship.
- IEG Fellowship for doctoral students have a monthly value of € 1,350
- Fellowship holders whose partners accompany them to Mainz and do not have income of more than 450 euros per month may receive a family allowance. Please indicate in your application whether your partner accompanies you to Mainz.
- Fellows who come to Mainz accompanied by their underage children can apply for a child allowance.
- Open to doctoral researchers from Germany and abroad who have at least a Masters level degree in history, theology or another discipline which works historically.
Kindly provide these attachments in the following order:
- Completed application form
- Curriculum vitae and List of publications (if applicable) (please do not send photos)
- Outline of the Ph.D.-thesis (up to 15,000 characters excluding footnotes and spaces)
- Structure of the Ph.D.-thesis
- Detailed timetable for the intended stay at the Institute
- Copies of university transcripts and proofs of language competence
Applications should be submitted by email to: [email protected]
Leibniz Institute of European History
Prof. Irene Dingel and Prof. Johannes Paulmann
Re: Fellowship Application
Please combine all of your application documents into a single PDF except for the application form and include a word count at the end of your project description. Please send your application to [email protected] You may write in either English or German; we recommend that you use the language in which you are most proficient.
For more information, visit IEG Fellowships.